As a club within the NSW Suburban Rugby Union, and a representative body of Rugby Worldwide:
It is critical that we maintain high standards of behaviour and conduct, so that we can attract and maintain players, members, and sponsors. In addition, everyone associated with the club should consider our charity work when conducting themselves as club members.
The financial viability of our club depends upon the on-going support of our sponsors. These sponsors are proud of their association with our club and what it stands for. They also provide us all the opportunity to enjoy rugby together, and help us with fund raising and charity work.
In addition, we interact with many rugby entities including other clubs, refereeing bodies, and rugby associations, and the character of the club is reflected in what we all do whether on or off the field.
As a member of the NSWSRU, our club is bound by and has adopted the ARU Code of Conduct. As a result, the following statements indicate behaviours we expect from all members, including players, coaches, committee, and supporters:
- Abide by the laws of the game of rugby.
- Donít talk back to match officials, even if the comment is meant in jest.
- Speak respectfully to the opposition and their supporters.
- Where possible, provide assistance with running of the club.
- Respect the property of our club and opposition clubs.
- Conduct ourselves at club functions in such a manner that praise of our club, and the people associated with it, can be the only result.
Any members who breach of the code of conduct will be asked to appear before the committee who will have the power to implement expulsions, suspensions and/or fines.